Friday, July 5, 2013

ELDER BARROW'S TRIAL of ENDURANCE

Missionary Service requires physical endurance. They often bike or walk miles each day. Sad part is, these Elders have a car! Exercise is something their dear Ward Mission Leader is excited to help them with :)

The other physical Endurance test? ALLERGIES!

So, after hearing of his "outbreak", I sent him this question...and her is his response:

MOM - How are your legs?? I heard you had a run in with some tall grass the other day?? LOL

ELDER BARROW - oh my gosh yes... We went hiking. It was hot. And dry. And my legs got allergic reactions to the grass and trees and shrubs and everything. It was soooo bad lol. And of course when I'm at my breaking point and just want to leave, Brother Britt stops and takes pictures of Mushrooms! And beetles practicing procreation! And other things he thought were interesting! Lol my legs were itching so bad by the time we finally got to the end of the trail. And then my allergies are terrible at night because we have to sleep with the windows open, all we have is a swamp cooler that we can't hoist on a windowsill, and we're on the 3rd floor. So I haven't been able to get a decent sleep in over 2 weeks. It's been pretty bad. Those moments when you wake up because snot dripped into your ear canal and gave yourself a wet-willy... Totally not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments!